"The true character of society is revealed in how it treats its children" − Nelson Mandela
NPO Tomorrow4isibani has been working with the local NPO Isiphephelo Winterton Organization (formerly Isibani) since 2008 to create a better future for the residents of Khethani, a neighborhood on the outskirts of Winterton− Kwazulu Natal − South Africa.
The majority of the township is carrier of or is affected by HIV / AIDS. This has led to the impoverishment and breakdown of families. Many families are run by the grandparents or in some cases only by the children because there are no adults left. In a society that no longer recognizes traditional values and norms, these children are particularly vulnerable. They often fall victim to crime, rape or assault.
Because this group is most affected in this society the NPO Tomorrow4sibani focuses on projects related to assistance to children and youth. We work closely with the government departments and build relationships with them.
The project contains 2 pillars: Isiphephelo Outreach en Isiphephelo Place of Safety:
Outreach is a community center in Khethani district, known to the population as "Ekukhanyeni".
We are contacted by parents, relatives, neighbours, the school or the police. We attach great importance to sustainability and independence for the local population.
- Reception office social and health problems
- Teenage pregnancies, rape, STD
- Alcohol and drug use, glue sniffers
- HIV / AIDS
- Conflicts of all kinds, intimidation
- Problems related to residence or identity papers
- School problems, malnutrition, racism, suicide
- Human trafficking, Sugar Daddies
After the intake interviews, our employees refer the customer to the correct body. We follow up every file.
- Matt 25 is our food distribution program. We provide an average of 150 families in Khethani and surrounding farms with a monthly food parcel.
- With the Asset Based Community Development (ABCD) program we want people to recognize their own talents in order to stand up for themselves and live independently. We also organize gardening workshops or sewing workshops.
- Awareness campaigns about the various social and health problems in surrounding schools
Isiphephelo Central Berg offers children, who are victims of neglect, abuse, rape or violence a safe haven.
South−Africa has limited facilities in terms of places of safety, orphanages and suitable foster care parents or potentially adoptive parents coupled with huge increases in demand for these facilities
In a warm homely atmosphere, run by house mothers, these children are cared for temporarily after they were legally removed from their situation. They are assisted in all aspects including physical, emotional and spiritual healing. We ensure that they can keep going to school. They stay with us until their appointed social worker finds a suitable solution for the child.
Do a one−time or a monthly gift
Via your E−Banking on our KBC bank account 734−0246660−95 of NPO Tomorrow4isibani − ON 0823.885.336
IBAN: BE76734024666095 − BIC / SWIFT: KREDBEBB
On Paypal you can donate using your creditcard or your Paypal account.
Please mention "Gift and your e−mailaddress" with your donation as we like to keep you updated on what we do with your gift.
As from € 40 per year donations are tax−deductable.
We are very grateful for your support!